We just went to Disney World for the first time and I had a blast! I have been to Disney Land many times but now we live in Florida and I will be a Disney World regular. My daughter was really excited to go too. I wanted to make something to build up the excitement for our trip. I made this fun free printable countdown to Disney banner. It also includes some easy activities to do the week before your trip to build up excitement. You can also decorate the banner with some bows to make them look extra like Mickey or Minnie Mouse. This is just a simple way to get ready for your trip. You can do some or all of the activity ideas or just take off or cross off a number each day for the countdown. What ever works best for you and your kids.
You can get the activities HERE
For the activities you can make them as easy or complicated as you want.
- Disney Movie Night: your kids can pick out their favorite Disney movie to watch or vote for a favorite as a family. Make popcorn and have a fun family movie night!
- Disney Crafts: There are so many crafts you can make inspired by Disney movies and shows. This can include Disney slime, paper princess dresses, paper plate crafts, and making Minnie ears to wear on your trip.
- Disney Treats: make health or sweet treats and snacks inspired by Disney! A few ideas include Disney Oreos, Rice Krispies treats, and donuts. For non sweet options pizza, cucumbers, or bagels shaped like Mickey!
- Disney Outfit Day: have kids dress up in princess dresses or as their favorite Disney character.
- Disney Park Planning Day: map out your trip and all the spots you must see on your trip! You can also look up fun Disney facts about the park.
- Disney Games Day: play some Disney games! Streamer princess dresses, bingo, pin the bow on Mickey, and Disney song sing along!
- Disney Show Marathon: a marathon would help give you time to pack and get ready. Plus it’s a fun activity for the kids!