This year we are going to be out of town on Christmas so we didn’t get a tree to decorate. Our tree decorating will happen when we travel back to Phoenix to see family. Since we aren’t getting an actually tree I thought it would be fun to make some kind of version of a tree. This is what I like to call the Christmas gift tree! It is tiered to look like a tree. I went with the sparkly tinsel with gold ornaments but you could use all green garland to look like a green tree! Each layer has little gifts on it with smaller ones on top like little gift cards or dollar bills. The middle layer can have slightly larger items such as small cooking utensils, nail polish, or lip glosses. Then the bottom layer can have slightly larger items like small serving bowls, mini bottles of wine, or chocolates. You can make the gift with a theme or mix and match fun little items that the recipient would love. It’s fun to discover new little things hidden in each layer. Then for the actual tray it can be a tiered tray for them to reuse or just paper plates in three sized. Wrap it all in cellophane to keep everything together if needed.
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
- Take a large tray or plate and glue a cup upside down on top.
- Glue around the top of the cup and then another slightly smaller tray on centering it in the middle. Press firmly until glue dries.
- Repeat with a small plate on top. You can use paper plates in three sizes and paper cups. You can also use dollar store trays, cups, and plates.
- Wrap tinsel or green garland around each layer of the tray.
- Spread gifts throughout each layer.
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!