Sometimes I just like to combined tasty things together to see what happens. It’s getting warmer out here, in fact today is 106 degrees, yuck! That means it is time for some ice cream. I also want donuts so what did I do, I used the donut as an ice cream bowl! Yes, it is possible and delicious you can eat the whole thing! I just used glazed donuts but you can use any kind of donuts. You could do sprinkle donuts and funfetti ice cream. You could do chocolate and chocolate! The possibilities are endless and I will try them all out! I’ve been on a bit of a donut kick lately and my daughter absolutely loves ice cream for dessert. This was a good compromise, the best of both worlds!
This post contains affiliate links, see disclosure policy
Every bridal shower needs a few games! I love party games and bridal showers are the perfect place to have funny bridal shower games. Girlfriends can appreciate some funny games. I have some games that should make a crowd laugh and have fun. I’m hoping to play a few of these games at my own bridal shower this year. Weddings are so fun because you get all these bonus times of hanging out with your friends before the big day.
- First kiss! Have all of the guests put on lipstick and kiss a piece of pape. The bride has to guess who’s kiss it is.
- Kiss the bride! Blow up a picture of the bride to poster size or draw a large bride on white wrapping paper. You can also cut out one from a magazine, having a small one would be more challenging! Have everyone put on lipstick. Then blindfold people one at a time and have them kiss the poster, whoever gets closest to the brides face/mouth wins! Like pin the tail on the donkey but with kisses. The kissing the wall part makes it extra funny.
- Balloon game! I am fond of balloons and balloon games. They are easy and fun. Have everyone write funny advice with sharpie markers to the bride on balloons. The bride can pick her favorite. This is decorations and a game in one! It could be sincere advice as well.
- Catch the bouquet! Make a bouquet out of toilet paper. Just wrap toilet paper around itself to make a flower shape. Then tape it or glue it together. Make a few flowers then tape them to the toilet paper roll on the bottom. Use lots of tape to keep it together. The bride can be blindfolded and try to throw the bouquet to the guests. Whoever catches the bouquet wins! The blindfold makes it extra funny since the bride might not even throw it near the guests.
- Making bouquets! Same thing with toilet paper bouquets but the guests get into teams and have to make bouquets. Whoever makes the bouquet the fastest wins. You can also have whoever makes the best bouquet wins but speed games are funny.
- Toilet paper wedding dress! Same idea as the last one but with making a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Points for style and speed!
- Wedding guest dance off! Put on a little single ladies or cheesy wedding music and have a little dance off/dance party!
- Name that wedding song! Play small clips of cheesy wedding songs and have guests write down the name of the song. Make sure it is a super small bit of the song to make it challenging. Whoever gets the most right wins. There are so many cheesy wedding songs to choose from!
- Eat the ring, the donut ring! Have powdered sugar donuts(because the powdered sugar is messy ;)). Put them on a plate with a donut on each plate. Have the guests line up in a row, one in front of each plate. Participants have to put there hands behind there back and try to eat the donut on the plate just using their mouth. The first one done wins! Also I have some adorable free diamond ring donut toppers.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue scavenger hunt! Guests have to collect all of these things. There can be items hidden around the house or they have to go around to neighbors and collect these items. Adults on a scavenger hunt is always funny!
Here are some more funny games from around the web:
You know what they say donuts are a girls best friend, or is it diamonds? Well either way us ladies love them both so why not put them together! I made these pretty free printable diamond ring donut toppers. They come in blue, pink, and silver. These would be perfect for a bridal brunch or any bridal shower. I love them so much I might have to make some more diamond ring decorations. In December my wonderful man asked me to marry him. I’m engaged and can’t wait to start my life with my love. Before the wedding we will be having some celebrations. Bridal shower, bachelorette party, let the games begin! Wow I’m excited for all of the food and desserts ;). Yes, that is where my mind goes first to donuts and cupcakes. Hopefully I can make the process a little easier on you all and my friends/family by coming up with some ideas and free printables.
I always want to do cute things for back to school for my daughter. Then suddenly back to school creeps up on me and I haven’t done anything. That is why I have decided this year to try a few simple ideas for back to school. These fruit roll up apple pops are an easy snack. Kids will love them because duh they are fruit roll ups and they look like little apples, what’s not to like?! You get bonus mom points and you didn’t really have to make anything, score! Perfect for lazy moms like myself. Well not really lazy more like who’s got time when you have to get kids ready for school that take an hour to pick out socks. Not to name any names ;).
Spring time is coming! It is the time for baby chicks, bunnies and flowers. I have some of all of those things on the blog. Many in dessert form ;). Including these baby chicks in a nest donuts. I really love this time of year and I am having a blast getting ready for Easter. Luckily these little donuts are so easy to whip up for Easter or spring parties. Tweet, tweet the baby chicks are ready to party. I almost feel bad eating these little cuties because they are so adorable. Almost but they are also tasty!
Life can’t always be rainbows and unicorns but sometimes it can. If you have adorable rainbow donuts with marshmallow clouds it can! Also unicorn cupcakes like these cuties https://simplecraftyfun.com/2015/09/unicorn-cupcakes/. I like to bring as much rainbows and unicorns into my life as possible. Adulting is hard and so is being a parent. Sometimes you have to make your own rainbows and I prefer everything in donut form ;). They are also sleepy like I am most the time. Rainbows and adults deserve naps. These little donuts would be perfect for birthday parties, St. Patrick’s Day, or slumber parties.
I love cake pops. Once I discovered the cute things you could make on a pop I was obsessed. The problem with cake pops is the time it takes to make them. You have to make the cake, roll the pops, refrigerate them, dip them and decorate. Yes, the results are worth it but they just take a long, long time! I have tried cake pop makers they just turned out too dry. Using donut holes to make pops is a great alternative because they taste great(uh, duh donuts) and you can still decorate them and make them cute for any occasion! These ridiculously easy chocolate covered donut pops are amazing and ridiculously delicious!
Birthday cake donuts with buttercream glaze are amazing! It is like a birthday cake in a wonderful donut bite. This is the perfect donut to make for breakfast for someones birthday or just for fun. Everyday needs a little birthday level of celebrating in it and donuts. With these donuts you can cover them with buttercream glaze or drizzle a little layer over it. I have been on a huge donut kick lately mostly with cute donuts like these penguins: https://simplecraftyfun.com/2015/11/penguin-donuts/ . These birthday cake donuts are amazing for the donut lover.
Aren’t these donut reindeer so cute? They are a really fun breakfast for Christmas morning or dessert for holiday parties. Really easy to make. I made homemade donuts but you can also use store bought. I had to make something that looked like a reindeer because I have been seeing so many cute reindeer foods. Since I have been on a donut kick lately for me donuts was an obvious choice. I used to only have eyes for cupcakes but donuts have completely changed that. Okay, maybe I just have a major sweet too ;).
Continuing with my winter donuts I have these cute penguin donuts! They are the cutest little penguin donuts ever, okay I haven’t ever seen penguin donuts so they don’t have competition but they are adorable. I made them blue for fun but you can make them black and white. They are so fun to bring to a winter party or for breakfast Christmas morning. Keira loves to watch the Penguins of Madagascar. We watched that while making these penguin donuts, it was the perfect winter activity. We also read a book about penguins before bedtime almost every night. Did you know that baby penguins eat 4 times as much as adult penguins. They need the extra fat to protect them from the cold and to look adorable :). I know you wanted to know that. If you ever want random penguin facts just ask me because I have read that penguin book about 100 times. That one, a shark book and octopus book I have memorized. Now lets make some penguins!